Sunday Services — In-Person with Masks
8:30 am · Holy Eucharist, contemplative service
10:15 am (last Sunday of the month) · Prayers for the Fallen, the Nation, and the World — at the Memorial Cross
10:30 am · Holy Eucharist, with full music — also live-streamed on YouTube
COVID-19 In-Person Gathering Safety Protocols
For your safety and the safety of all our parishioners, visitors, and staff, we follow these procedures as required by the Diocese of Washington:
- Everyone must wear a mask. Please bring your own N95 or equivalent. Some will be available in the Sanctuary.
- Sign in when entering Grace for Covid tracing.
- Leaders such as the Readers and the Priest may unmask from the front while reading and preaching.
- Social Distancing, though still recommended, will allow for closer seating than the six-foot rule, and fist-bumps and elbow-bumps will be encouraged along with friendly bows from a distance.
- If you are in a higher-risk group, please consider continuing to join us virtually.
Eucharist (Communion) Protocols
Everyone is invited to receive Holy Communion. Communion will be distributed by the priest standing below the altar steps, center aisle. The priest and the communion minister will be masked and gloved. Please approach the priest by the center aisle. You may receive the bread (wafer) only, or you may have your wafer partially dipped into the wine by the priest. The priest will place the wafer in your hand. Gluten free wafers are available by request. If you prefer not to receive communion, please cross your arms across your torso for the priest to bless you. Please return to your seat by the side aisle.
*after the 10:30 service*
Serving drinks and food protocols:
- Servers will be masked and gloved to handle drinks and food.
- No self-service of drinks or food will be allowed.
- Beverages are to be poured by a server and placed on the table for people to pick up.
- Pre-wrapped food is to be plated by a server and placed on the table for people to pick up.
12:15 pm · Centering Prayer — via Zoom
7:00 pm · Wednesday Evening Prayer — via Zoom
Throughout the church calendar year Grace Church offers special services on occasions such as Ash Wednesday, All Saints Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter.
Please check our News & Events section for weekly specifics and upcoming events.