The community of Grace extends into many corners of the Washington DC community.
We do this through action
- Grace’s Table: This fellowship provides and shares a meal at 11:30 am on Saturdays for persons who are homeless or on the margins of being homeless. Email the coordinators for more information, and to volunteer: email@example.com
- Congregation-Based Shelter: In 1992 several Georgetown congregations came together to provide ten homeless men and women with dinner and breakfast and a safe and warm place to sleep from November through March. The shelter rotates each week to a new congregation.
- Georgetown Ministry Center: Established in 1987, the GMC offers counseling, information, referral services, showers and laundry services for the homeless people of Georgetown.
- Georgetown University Campus Ministry
- Good Faith Communities Coalition (GFCC):GFCC is an alliance of faith communities in the District of Columbia serving persons who are homeless and marginalized. Our mission is to advocate with those we serve for adequate and affordable housing for all District residents. G
GFCC is firmly rooted in the shared tenets of our faith communities, provides an opportunity for individual congregations to join together so that their voices are heard loudly and clearly in the District of Columbia government as local priorities are discussed and the budget allocated. Working together we can make a difference!
Grace Church is a founding member of GFCC, and has continued its active participation in GFCC throughout its history.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org