Hallmarks of Grace
Grace Episcopal Church is a friendly congregation marked by a commitment to service and witness in our community, the arts of all kinds, especially music, with offerings ranging from blues to Bach; simple but reverent worship; education and formation for children and adults alike, with wide-ranging conversations about faith and life; and building community both within and without the church’s walls and the gates opening onto its grounds.
Sunday Schedule (September through May, including Sundays in Lent)
- 8:30 a.m. Spoken Eucharist
- 9:35 a.m. Adult Forum
- 10:30 a.m. Eucharist with Hymns
- 5 p.m. Evening Eucharist
Holy Week Schedule (March 25-April 1)
Sunday, March 25th Palm Sunday
- Holy Eucharist, 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.,
Distribution of the Palms and Procession, Reading of the Passion Gospel
Thursday March 29th: Maundy Thursday
We welcome St. John’s, Georgetown to our services this evening
- Simple Supper (agape meal), 6:30 in the Parish Hall
- Informal Eucharist with Footwashing, 7:00 p.m. in the Parish Hall
- Procession into the Sanctuary follows, with Stripping of the Altar
Friday, March 30th: Good Friday
- Procession with 3 ‘station’ stops, from Grace to Mt. Zion United Methodist Church, 1334 29th St NW, departing Grace at 11 noon.
- Service of the 7 Last Words, 12:00 p.m. at Mt. Zion United Methodist Church, 1334 29th St NW
- Solemn Liturgy of the Lord’s Death, 7 p.m. here at Grace
Saturday, March 31st
- The Great Vigil of Easter, 7:30 p.m. at Christ Church, 31st and O Sts
Sunday, April 1st: Easter Sunday – The Sunday of the Resurrection
- Holy Eucharist, 8:30 a.m.
- Adult Forum, 9:35 a.m. in the Parish Hall
- Festive Holy Eucharist with special music & Coffee Hour
- Children’s Easter Egg Hunt, after the 10:30 service
- Evening Eucharist, 5 p.m.